Mission + Vision
All People Deserve to Feel Safe And Strong In Their Body.
Women’s Strength Coalition was founded in January 2017 with the simple understanding that fitness changes lives.
We believe all people deserve access to a movement practice that is safe and affirming.
We believe exercise is a celebration of what our bodies can do, not a punishment for what we ate.
We believe in taking up space.
We are an international network of likeminded movement professionals, athletes, and fitness enthusiasts, using our collective strength to impact the world in a meaningful way.
We believe in the power of every individual.
We believe everyone has the ability to positively effect social change.
We believe that together, we are stronger.
- Inclusivity: We are dedicated to uplifting all voices and honoring all experiences. This is reflected in everything we do, from our hiring practices and to the media and materials we produce.
- Access: We break down prohibitive barriers to fitness and movement.
- Education: Our certification programs provide continuing education to fitness professionals, with the aim of radically altering the landscape of fitness offerings, in order to create a more equitable industry.
- Community: We believe that in order to be of service to the community, we must remain committed to listening to the needs of the community, and thus remain open to feedback and criticism, as they are the cornerstones of growth and development.
- Collaboration: We will always choose collaboration over competition, because when we work together, we accomplish more. Women’s Strength Coalition highlights the work of organizations and gyms that are doing exceptional work in the fitness industry, as opposed to publicly deriding problematic individuals and companies.
- Support: Women’s Strength Coalition believes in supporting those whose circumstances may prevent them from accessing fitness, sport, and movement. We also fundraise for vital nonprofits, doing essential work in their communities, around the country.